Monday, November 3, 2008

2 a.m. Honking

Most people if they woke up at 2am to honking, and screaming would grab the phone and dial 911, but living in a small community, this happens hopefully a few times a year, and it happened again this weekend. No it was not Halloween parnksters out smashing pumpkins, or anything.
Here is the story...
I was sound asleep, and something woke me up, at first I thought it may have been our puppy needing to go out (she does that sometimes), but as I laid there trying to get my mind to work, I reallized it was honking and screamming!! I turned to Jason who must have been awoken also, and said "We must have took state" then I turned around and went back to sleep.
Yes, whenever one of our High School teams takes state, no matter how late they roll into town, they drive the streets in a caravan honking and screaming, usually starting with the bus and all the athletes, then followed by the fans (aka parents) they are hanging out the windows and screaming, and honking their horns letting everyone know that they took state!!
All in all, I don't think too many people mind, we are just used to it. It didn't even wake any of my kids!!

Congratualtions Coach Stuart and her volleyball team!!!

Good luck Coach Brown, we hope to be awoken again when you take state football!!

3 comments:

Anelisa said...

Isn't it funny how we are used to this around here? I was down at the tourney and was home and asleep when they came around Mtn. Fuel. I woke up for a second and then went right back to sleep.

Robyn said...

That's funny. Small town living is so different. ;) I hear honking and club music because I live near lots of clubs. Really, it's not that bad and I've just learned to ignore it too.
Where are the Halloween photos Penny?

Lynne Leifson said...

What is funny for me is it didn't even wake me up this year. I knew we had won through my kids so I was waiting for it. I said in the morning I guess they didn't have the honk out last night. I didn't know they had until I read your blog!