Saturday, May 30, 2009

Testicle Festival '09

9th Annual Testicle Festival
Ok, so if you aren't from around here, let me explain... We have this little festival here that is actually a huge fundraiser for usually a child in need. This year it is for a little boy who has cancer. It is called the Testicle Festival, and yes we live in a ranching community and yes, they serve Rocky Mt. Oysters. but for the most part, it is rodeo events, and a golf tournament, and this year they had a benefit auction. My friend Amanda's husband started it 9 yrs ago, and it has grown larger every year. We proudly wear our festival shirts and hats, and enjoy all that the festival has to offer. No I don't eat the Oysters, but Tanner and Austin do. Yuck!! Here is the link to the website if you want to know more.
http://www.blackgoldcattletesticlefestival.com/

Here is Bryce displaying this years shirt I don't know why this turned out so blurry but you get the idea! (yes, we had another mishap, this time with a door frame, it probably could have been glued, but I didn't dare take him to the clinic, so I just used butterfly tape, It is beginning to look like a repeat of last year)

This is the back of the shirt


Tanner and Bryce trying to catch a rabbit. It is Tanner's last year, the announcer asked if he was too old (because he is so tall 5'8")


Austin "Muttin Bustin"



You can see Austin coming down behind this kid
(I loved this shot)





Saddle Bronc Riding





Bull Riding






2 comments:

Rebecca Larsen said...

What? No rabbits or pigs this year that the boys caught? I do love the shot of Austin in the background heading towards the ground. I kind of wish I was there this year.

Angie said...

When were heading to bear lake and see the testicle festival sign, it cracks us up. Love the shirts!! That's awesome your boys participate like that.
Remember 4-H catching greased pigs?