Friday, May 20, 2011

Heeber creeper

Yesterday was a field trip day for Austin, we went to the Heeber creeper, it is an old train and they take a trip up and a little ways around Deer Creek reservoir, then switch the engine and come back to the station. The kids have a great time...



Austin is at a stage where he wants me to come on the trip, but he also wants to hang out with his friends, some moms think this is wrong, but I was fine with it, he sat close by and came to see me often, I enjoyed visiting with my friends, and watching him have fun! I think it is great to see him being independent and I am glad that he still wants me close by!
I also like that the teachers and the train people let the kids wander, they are so young and curious, I love the way their little minds take everything in, and they were really pretty good, I didn't see any kids out of control, so I thought it was a great day for them.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Leon said...

Sounds like a fun time. I agree, let them play with their friends. They just need to know that mom is there.

Robyn said...

aww- how fun! It's really cool that you get to go with him and see him in action.

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to go on that train ride. That sounds like a good stage in life. It's nice to be able to enjoy things yourself sometimes.

April Larsen said...

They have a fun little train like that here I went on with some friends a couple Christmas' ago. They put lights on the train and it's kind of a family thing to go, I thought it was really cool. Sounds like this was a lot of fun too!