Sunday, August 24, 2008

All Boy!!

Austin broke his arm again on Wednesday, Jason had taken Tanner to football practice, and Austin went along to play on the playground, well being the boy that he is, he had to climb up ontop of the tunnel instead of going through it, Jason kept telling him to get down and not be ontop of it, but then a big gust of wind decided to do the job for him.  Austin is such a tough kid that when he moans alot, you know something is wrong, I guess he cried a little, then just moaned.  Jason called me at home and asked "Which arm was it that Austin broke?" (this is his second time) I knew it wasn't good.  Anyways, I didn't want to take him to Evanston (only major emergencies go to Evanston)  So I iced it up and gave him motrin, then a couple of hours later he was out riding his bike so I thought he must have just sprained it, but then the next day he was complaining, so we took him with me to Physical Therapy, and had the PT look at it, he told us that he thought it might be a buckle fracture and we should get it X-Rayed so we headed to Garden City and sure enough it was a buckle fracture, not an actual break, but the bone buckles up a little, so he needed a cast.  They didn't have any of his favorite colors, he was bummed until they pulled out the Glow in the Dark cast, then he was thrilled.  Like I said ALL BOY!!!

No comments: