Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Lucky Husband!!

Last night was the Rich County Demolision Derby. We went last year and had fun, so this year we decided to try it again, Tanner especially has been looking forward to it ever since he found out they were giving away a 4-wheeler!

Anyways, as we were walking up to the gate to get out tickets, a couple of guys were walking down towards us, they asked us if we wanted tickets, so of course we said yes, they were some of the drivers and I guess they must get some tickets for free so they gave them to us!! that saved us about $30


I thought that was a good start to the night, then when we went in I bought 10 tickets for the 4-wheeler, I put Jason on 3, Bryce on 3, and Tanner on 4, (I didn't think I would do too well with my knee and Austin with his broken arm was a no go...I will explain later)

Anyways the derby gets started, and being a local, we knew some of the drivers, one of them happened to be one of our workers, but he got out in his first round. It was fun to watch him though, Better luck next year Landon!!




Before the final Heat, they drew for the 4-wheeler, but I guess I had better back up a little, when I was putting the names on the tickets, Jason caught me writing his name and chewed me out, he didn't want his name on it, I said it was too late!!

You guessed it, they called his name, but in this drawing, they call out 10 names and they all go down into the arena, and then they have a big trailer full of MUD with keys in it, they said that there were 5 keys, and only 1 went to the 4-wheeler, but the rest were for prizes. well back to the drawing of names, so Jason's was the first name called, so I pushed him into going down, of course all the people around us knew us so they helped me prod him along. so He emptied his pockets, new I-phone (yes Robyn you read that right), wallet, keys, money...then he headed down. just as he crossed the fence, they called his name again!! So he had his name in 3 times, and they drew it out twice. anyways they said he could get someone to go with him so of course Tanner went with. Well, they dug and dug, but nobody could find any keys...till about 5 min. later one guy found a key and it was the 4-wheeler one, but nobody else could find any more. They just ended up giving them all a towel and a t-shirt. Jason and Tanner don't think there really were any more keys anyways!! Needless to say they were muddy from head to toe. People were joking all around us that they could ride home in the back of thier trucks.

Sorry about all the specks, on the picture, there was so much dust in the air from the cars. But here are all the people whose names were called out, they are on the left in the middle of the arena waiting for the go signal so they can run and get into the trailer full of MUD.


Here they are all digging trying to find the keys, sorry I couldn't zoom in, but it was dark out, and I was lucky to get these couple of pictures, none of my others turned out.

As for the title of this post, Jason has won several things in the past few years, a gun, a 4-wheeler, and he has drawn out on several hard to draw hunts, so he is getting known for being lucky!!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

yea for the iPhone!!!! how much do you love it? you know it becomes a scientific calculator when you turn the calculator on it's side? so many super cool features! I'm so glad you got one.

Andrea said...

He seriously is one of the luckiest people I know, How does he keep winning??? I think you guys need to make Vegas your new favorite vacation spot!