Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Duct Tape Day


Last week Tanner informed me that this week was going to be a spirit week at school, being a boy, he didn't have too much info. He did get that one day was going to be Duct Tape Day. I have made a few things out of Duct tape, wallets, roses, and a bag, and they all turned out pretty well, so I googled some Duct Tape Projects and here is what we came up with.

We made a Hat
A reversible Vest (one side is red and black, the other side is silver and black)



and a Tie.
They all turned out pretty good, the Vest turned out really good. I thought I had seen a pattern somewhere, but I couldn't find it again, so I ended up having to do it free hand, but I think it turned out pretty good.
Tanner had to call his friend Joseph to find out what day was what (I guess Joseph pays better attention) anyways it was monday, and they chose a few of the best ones, and Tanner was one of them, he got a free BIG cany bar as a prize. YEA!

He thought it was pretty cool. Today was career day, we couldn't think of anything clever, but he wanted to dress up, so he just wore a Jazz Jersey. That is a career right?

5 comments:

Rebecca Larsen said...

That's awesome. I love the hat. I did have a friend in high school go to a dance wearing everything made out of duct tape. His, pants, his jacket, his wallet. And his date made her dress out of duct tape.

Robyn said...

That's pretty cool! You'll have to keep us posted on the rest of the days too. And we need to have a photo of your new hair and you need to put it on you profile on facebook too.

Angie said...

I love that you made all that with Duct Tape!! He looks like a stud! What's Robyn talking about... you cutting your hair. Post a picture! Are you doing Facebook too?

Nicole said...

Oh my heck that is so funny! Love the hat!!

I just wanted to make sure you saw that I am having an open crop at the rec at Mtn. Fuel on Saturday from 10-3... its going to just be fun, bring up some projects and come visit with us!! Let me know if you think you will make it. :) Its only $2 to come and its like an open house you come and go as you need to.

Anelisa said...

Awesome job with the duct tape. I bet Tanner's was the best!!